Sunday, August 28, 2011

Another first!

Hey loves -

Over the weekend, I had the absolute pleasure of doing hair, makeup and photography for my boyfriend's niece for her civil marriage ceremony. Her now-husband is in the military so it was a small but beautiful ceremony, despite Hurricane Irene. I was so excited to have my first makeup session on someone else but nervous cause it was my first time doing hair. I am so happy to say that it turned out awesome, especially because she loved it.


To achieve this look:

EYES: Shadow - MAC Ricepaper on inner corner and lid, MAC Swiss Chocolate on outer corner and crease; Liner - Hello Kitty Charmmy Kohl Liner in Chocolate Milk (top), Hello Kitty Charmmy Kohl Liner in Happy Cloud (bottom); Mascara - e.l.f. Lengthening and Volumizing

CHEEKS: MAC Pink Swoon on cheeks, BareMinerals Bronzer for contour

LIPS: e.l.f. Matte Lip Stick in Pralene



Her hair turned out way better than I even imagined it when she told me she wanted the flower. I applied drugstore mousse to her wet hair and basically freehanded a bun (she has almost hip length hair!) which was secured with bobby pins. I popped the flower in the side and finished pinning the rest of the hair down. Sleek, modern and so beautiful on her.

I seriously was so lucky to be a part of her day and to finally test my skills.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment