Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Everyone's got a first time.

Hello lover,

This blog was inspired by a conversation I had recently about my now fast-growing makeup collection.

But I wasn't always this glam.

Rewind back to high school... drug store eyeliner and 99 cent lipgloss. I was a hot mess. Looking back now on pictures I wonder how I ever got dates or boyfriends. I was awkward, and I sure as hell looked it. I wanted the trends so I wore them all at once, big mistake. As the owner of big boobs, a long torso and short legs, the clothing trends of the early 2000s looked like a smacked ass on my frame. Long tank tops which trended around 2006 were the best thing that ever happened to me... fashion wise. My makeup was just throwing on some dark brown eyeshadow, eyeliner and lipgloss and thinking I was the hottest bitch at the high school mixer. WRONG.

While I started to get the clothes right around the time I started college, the makeup situation still sucked. I had no idea what I was doing, what colors to wear, and horribly HORRIBLY terrified of mascara. Like... irrationally afraid of sticking my eyeballs and dying a slow poisonous death. Cue meeting one of my now bestest friends. She was beautiful and had great hair and makeup and there was me, hot mess. She began doing my makeup for me and I liked what I saw, so I wanted to learn. She took me to a MAC event for my first makeup tutorial in March 2009. I have not looked back! That day I purchased Ricepaper (shadow, we are inseparable) and Black Fluidline. That's where it started - I now own about 3 drawers of everything from blushes, shadows, mascara (yes I conquered the fear) and all kinds of brushes.

So this blog is to prove that anything is possible - including transforming from trainwreck to apprentice to mascara-wearer.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment