Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birchbox: September 2011





After hearing about Birchbox from a really good friend of mine, I decided to finally try it! I know I'm a little late in the month but I've been crazy busy with school and such.









My box included:


LIV GRN C2C in Natural: First off, this sample bottle was IMPOSSIBLE to open. How am I supposed to test it if I can't even get the flippin' thing open?! When I finally did get it open, I wasn't too impressed. I don't think the scent is meant to be heavy and its nice to what they're going for but its just not up my alley. I like more floral and poppy scents.

Incoco Nail Polish Applique: OH. MY. GOD. HATE. I attempted to put these on tonight so I could have them for an event I'm attending in a few days and it was a nightmare. I have to keep my nails short for work and these would just not stick. After two fingers, I was done. I'm going to keep them around for when I can grow my nails longer but for now I'll stick to painting them.

Jouer Lip Enhancer: This sample was fabulous. It's almost like lotion for your lips, goes on very creamy. My lips felt instant relief once I put this stuff on, and my lips dry out constantly. I will definitely be buying the full size soon. 

Jurlique Hand Sanitizer: Another love. My boyfriend has crazy allergies and I can never really wear perfume, lotion or anything with a scent around him because he'll just sneeze constantly. I wore this stuff with him and he was fine! Not only does this stuff not burn the nostrils but it doesn't dry your skin out as promised. I got a decent size sample which is always nice, and will definitely be picking up this full size.

Friendship Bracelet: Also included for Birchbox's one year anniversary was a super cute bracelet, with a metal box on string. I have been wearing this for days and I love the pop of color it adds to my bangles or chunky bracelets. And the few times I had someone ask about it, I was able to tell them about how Birchbox works. Hope somewhere they are signed up!

OVERALL: For $10, liking 2 out of 4 products isn't a bad deal. According to the blogosphere, this was the most disappointing Birchbox because they have had bigger brand names in the past. My understanding of the service is to be able to try out products you don't normally see or upcoming brands. I think the service is genius and I always love little packages waiting for me when I get home. 

If you want more info about Birchbox and how to sign up, leave a comment or email me at adventureswithmakeup@gmail.com

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment